A Private Escape – Vacation Home, writers’ retreat or artists’ sanctuary…
Our Guesthouse features a two bedroom, one bath bright and airy home nestled between the coffee trees and rainforest on organic 41-acre Kona coffee farm.
On the slopes of Mauna Loa at the 2000-foot level, about 45 minutes south of Kailua-Kona, you can experience solitude and the ultimate privacy. Observe the workings of our organic farm. Watch wild boar, pheasants, and many other species of birds around you. Daytime temperatures are mostly around 80°, and at night it cools to the low 60’s, perfect for daytime activities and nighttime rest.
RainForest Farm is located more than half a mile above highway, and although we are only 27 miles from town, you can experience living off the grid, as we make all our own power from the sun and generator, and catch all our water. We have all the water and power we need, but none to waste. Guests are asked to conserve by turning off lights in unoccupied spaces.
The retreat is fully furnished, including telephone and stereo CD/tuner. Normal occupancy is four people with a queen bed in each bedroom. Extra charges apply for more than four occupants. The fully equipped kitchen includes a full-size frig/freezer, microwave, four burner gas range and oven. The utensils are complete right down to a coffee grinder and French Press coffee maker to enjoy our complimentary certified organic coffee Laundry facility is available at the manager’s house.
Distances from Kona Rainforest Farms
- Closest Beach is Kona Paradise – Pebble Beach (4 mi.)
- Kealakekua Bay and Captain Cook monument 30 minutes (20 mi.)
- Full service grocery in Captain Cook village 25 minutes (15 mi.)
- Volcano National Park, 1 hour 15 minutes (65 mi.)
- Hilo town, historic old Hawaii, 1hour 45 minutes (90 mi.)
- Kohala Coast Resorts, 1 hour 15 minutes (55 mi.)
$125 per day
$775 per week
$2300 per month
50% due upon booking and remaining balance due one week before arrival. Cleaning and damage deposit, the greater of $150 or 15% of contract. Deposit is fully refundable upon departure if home is left in same condition. We expect to launder sheets and towels, and clean floors, but not dishware.
Cancellation policy. Because we are a private farm and the Retreat is the only rental unit, there is little opportunity to rent it on short notice. Most reservations are made months in advance. Therefore our cancellation policy is as follows:
- If we are able to re-rent the Retreat for the cancelled dates, full refund of deposit, regardless how little cancellation notice was provided.
- Full deposit refund if cancellation is 60 days or more in advance, even if Retreat is not re-rented.
- 50% deposit refund if cancellation is 31 to 59 days in advance and Retreat is not re-rented.
- 25% deposit refund if cancellation is 15 to 30 days in advance and Retreat is not re-rented.
- No deposit refund if cancellation is 0 to 14 days in advance and Retreat is not re-rented.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.